Thank you for your interest in Seattle Lutheran High School International Student Program. We will begin accepting applications in January, 2013 for the 2013-2014 school year which begins in August 2013.
2013-2014 International Student Program Fees
Applicants from China and Korea
Students from China and Korea need to apply with Cambridge Institute of International Education and may request application information here http://thecambridgeinstitute.org/contact.html. We partner with Cambridge to ensure applicants from China and Korea are appropriately placed.
Applicants from other countries -
Application – A non-refundable application fee of $150.00 is due with the international student application.
Registration – A non-refundable registration fee of $1000.00 is due with the student enrollment contract.
Tuition – Tuition for the 2013-14 school year will be set by January 25, 2013. Tuition for International students is due in full by August 1, 2013.
Housing – Housing for International Students is handled through USA International. Please click here for more information www.ushomestay.com
The following information is needed to begin the application process.
- Application signed by parent or guardian with the application fee of $150.00.
- An official transcript including grades from the past three years with the school seal showing your grades/marks and credits since seventh grade
- A personal interview via Skype.
- Letter of recommendation by your current English teacher translated in English
- Letter of recommendation by your current Math or Science teacher translated in English
- Standardized test scores (SLEP, TOEFL Jr., TOEFL OR SSAT)
- A signed bank statement showing ability to pay from your personal funds
- Certificate of Immunization
- A copy of your passport/VISA
- A recent photo of yourself
Upon receiving your completed application and fee, we will consider your application and inform you of our decision. After acceptance and receipt of the non-refundable registration fee, we will send you form I-20, which you must take to the nearest United States Embassy for approval. If you are transferring from a school within the United States, be sure to include your SEVIS identification number along with a copy of your VISA.
We are not a boarding school. Seattle Lutheran High School and USA International, Inc. work together to provide quality housing for our students. Upon acceptance into Seattle Lutheran, if you are in need of housing, please click on the link on our forms page or go to www.ushomestay.com and click on student housing; application forms. There will be a service fee payable to the agency for assistance in finding housing. You may secure your own housing, however it must be approved by the school prior to your arrival. We prefer that students live with an English speaking family close to school.
Medical insurance is required. You may purchase insurance on your own or it is available through the school. Proof of insurance will be required for all students.
Please mail all application materials to:
Director of Admissions
Seattle Lutheran High School
4100 SW Genesee Street
Seattle, Washington 98116