A Letter From Coach:
My name is Glenn Hoogerhyde and I am the head volleyball coach at Seattle Lutheran High School. I am an educator, a painter and a coach. My experience in all facets is extensive with over 24 years in each.
A coach is a teacher and vice versa, giving me a unique insight both in the classroom and on the court. On the court I have coached both boys and girls basketball and girls volleyball. Both are great games, but volleyball is where my passion is.
Volleyball is a fun and exciting game. It is also an educational vehicle for teaching about life and the Christian’s role in it. Even more than that; for the high school student it is a part of life. My goal is to guide players as they learn and grow in every aspect of the game and thereby develop “the freedom to play.” The late John Wooden said, “Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” That is the focus. There are no little things.
- To build on the groundwork laid by the previous coach; developing individual skills and knowledge of the game; especially in relationship to the team.
- To develop the physical fitness of the individual athlete.
- To learn and develop an attitude and ability for team play and competition.
- To develop Christian sportsmanship, both on the game court and on the practice court.To represent Christ as we involve ourselves in competition.
- To represent Christ as we involve ourselves in competition.
If you need more information about SLHS volleyball please email Coach Hoogerhyde.
In order to participate in athletics, please register using the link below: