Led by a group of neighbors, the newly formed group, Residents of the Junction will have a meeting to discuss apodments being built in our neighborhoods.
Neighbors in the Junction area of West Seattle are meeting Friday night, March 28, at 7:00 pm at Holy Rosary School’s meeting hall located at 4142 42nd Avenue SW to rally support in blocking the development of 4439 41st Avenue SW, currently a single family home, into an apodment complex with 40 – 300 square feet each- units and five parking spaces. (Building permit #3015444).
All in our community who are interested and/or affected by this, and other, development in our community are welcome to join us at the meeting.
The objectives of the community meeting are as follows:
- summarize the shared concerns to create a group letter/petition to the city (planning, council, Mayor, etc.).
- identify a critical path for the group to pursue, once the comment period is over.
- identify areas of expertise and resources within the group and assess what additional resources are needed.
- identify other neighborhood groups who have expertise in organizing opposition to over development of our neighborhoods.
- identify research for various group members to conduct and report at an agreed upon next meeting time.
If there is adequate response, it would be great to grow the size of the group through active recruiting and get the appropriate professional expertise to make the apod style development in our community infeasible.
For more information please contact Jim Schwartz , 206-371-2468, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information about the proposed projects or want to comment on the developments please contact the following people:
Bruce Rips of the Department of Planning and Development Bruce.Rips@seattle.gov
• Council member Tom Rasmussen Tom.Rasmussen@seattle.gov
• Council member Tim Burgess : email@example.com
• Mayor Ed Murray: https://www.seattle.gov/mayor/contact-the-mayor