SEATTLE LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS AND ACTIVITY CONSENT, RELEASE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE SIGNING
Child’s name: _________________________
In consideration of my/our minor child (hereinafter “child”) named herein being allowed to participate in the sport or activity described herein, the undersigned, as parents or legal guardians, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree as follows:
1. The undersigned understand that there are risks associated with the activity described herein, including the risks, known and unknown, of serious personal injury or death. The undersigned, on behalf of their child, knowingly and expressly agree to assume these risks.
2. The undersigned give permission for their child to participate in the sport or activity described herein. The undersigned, on their behalf, and that of their child, hereby release, discharge, hold harmless, covenant not to sue, indemnify, and defend Seattle Lutheran High School, its sponsors, officers, directors, agents, employees, and volunteers (hereinafter collectively “SLHS”) from any and all liability for any injuries, actions, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, and all consequential damages arising from, or in any way related to, the activity or sport described herein, even if arising from the negligence of SLHS.
3. The undersigned know of no mental or physical problems that may affect the child’s ability to safely participate in the sport or activity described herein.
4. The undersigned are signing this agreement with knowledge that it is binding upon the undersigned’s, and their child’s, heirs, successors, assigns, and representatives.
5. The undersigned further agree that if despite this release they, or anyone on their behalf, or on behalf of their child, make a claim against SLHS, the undersigned will defend, indemnify, and hold SLHS harmless against any and all liability costs including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees for any personal injury or property damage alleged to be suffered by or caused by the child, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
6. Unless otherwise advised in writing, the undersigned agree that SLHS may use the name and/or photograph of the their child for any written or online promotional purpose without the need for any further request for consent and without compensation or right to approve any photograph or written text.
7. Should it be necessary for SLHS to commence legal action or collection procedures to enforce financial obligations resulting from the child’s enrollment/participation in SLHS activities described herein, the undersigned agree to be liable to SLHS for all reasonable collection or attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by SLHS to enforce any obligations under this agreement.
8. The undersigned authorize medical treatment for their child and agree to be responsible for any costs associated with such treatment. The undersigned also authorize SLHS to act using their best judgment in any emergency situation requiring medical or other attention.
I/WE HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I/WE HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
Dated this _____ day of ________________, 20___ at _________________, Washington.
Father or Legal Guardian Mother or Legal Guardian
Print name: ___________________________ Print name: ___________________________
I understand the seriousness of the risks involved in participating in the activity, my personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations governing the activity, and accept them as a participant.
Print name: ___________________________